We currently have a COVID Safe plan in place. Please also note the additional new conditions of entry:
- If you are feeling unwell, or have been in a virus hotspot, or in close contact with a confirmed case in the last two weeks, you should not attend an event at HOTA (we reserve the right to refuse entry).
- Please note that we also reserve the right to refuse entry if contact details (for contact tracing purposes) are not provided.
- If you feel unwell while at HOTA please let us know.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before entering.
- You will be allocated a seat to ensure you are kept at a safe distance from other guests. You must sit in the seat (or area) you have been allocated.
- Please make sure you are seated when consuming food or drinks.
- Make sure you keep up to date with Government guidelines at health.gov.au and follow the physical distancing and safe hygiene measures we have in place.
- We encourage all patrons of HOTA to download the COVIDSafe app to keep you, the artists and fellow audiences safe but this is not a condition of entry.
GENERAL Terms and Conditions
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
You must not purchase a ticket unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
Application of Terms
1. By purchasing a ticket through HOTA, Home of the Arts (online or over the phone), through the Box Office, or an authorised sales channel, you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Tickets are sold or issued by HOTA, Home of the Arts as agent for the organisation(s) which are managing, producing, promoting, presenting or otherwise providing the service, event or performance for which the ticket is sold or issued (Presenter). The name of the Presenter and/or the venue to which your ticket relates (Venue) is usually shown on the front of the ticket but is also available from HOTA, Home of the Arts. HOTA, Home of the Arts has no control over, or liability for, the performance of the event by the Presenter. All ticketing complaints and claims, and your legal rights, are as against the Presenter, not HOTA, Home of the Arts, except where HOTA, Home of the Arts is at fault or where you have a legal right against HOTA, Home of the Arts under the Australian Consumer Law.
3. The Venue’s conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket. The Venue’s conditions of entry are available online or you can ask HOTA, Home of the Arts for a copy.
4. These Terms and Conditions incorporate the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice – Consumer Code (LPA Code), which sets out a code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events including consumer rights. You can find the LPA Code here you can ask HOTA, Home of the Arts for a copy.
5. Your ticket may be subject to additional booking terms, which will be notified to you prior to purchase. For example, if your ticket is to a timed ticketed exhibition, your ticket will only be valid for your nominated session time. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the additional booking terms and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
6. Tickets are only valid if purchased through HOTA, Home of the Arts , the Box Office, the Venue or an authorised agent.
7. Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets. HOTA, Home of the Arts may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits.
8. Ticket proceeds are held in a separate trust account and will be refunded if the event does not proceed, if required by the LPA Code.
9. Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as provided for in the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
10. Bookings are subject to availability.
Pricing and Payment
11. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST. A tax invoice is available upon request.
12. Prices are subject to change without notice.
13. A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase and you will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase.
14. You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
15. If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error arose due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), HOTA, Home of the Arts may cancel the ticket and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price.
Delivery, Collection and Printing of Tickets
16. Delivery of tickets will only be made upon receipt of full payment. You may request delivery of your ticket by post, to self-print print at home or to collect your ticket from the Box Office. Postage and handling fees may apply.
17. If you elect to print a print at home ticket, then:
a) if a duplicate copy of this ticket appears, HOTA, Home of the Arts and the Venue reserves the right to request proof of identity and proof of purchase. Unauthorised duplicate ticket holders will be refused entry to the Venue; and
b) you are responsible for printing the ticket and HOTA, Home of the Arts and the Venue reserve the right to charge an administration fee if a replacement ticket needs to be issued.
18. Prior to purchasing a ticket through HOTA, Home of the Arts website, you may be required to register for an user account and to nominate an email address and password for your account. You must maintain the confidentiality and security of your user account (including your password) and not provide it to any other person.
19. You are responsible for your use of HOTA, Home of the Arts website and all transactions conducted using your account. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, please notify HOTA, Home of the Arts Gold immediately and reset your password.
Lost or Stolen Tickets
20. Where tickets are lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed, HOTA, Home of the Arts may charge an administration fee to issue replacement tickets and may require proof of identity and purchase, prior to issuing a replacement ticket.
21. HOTA, Home of the Arts may not provide replacement tickets where tickets are for general admission rather than allocated seating.
Conditions of Entry
Attendance at the event and the right of admission is reserved by the Venue and the Presenter. By attending an event, you agree to the Venue’s conditions of entry as per below:
22. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission.
23. Filming and photography may take place during the time you attend HOTA and you may be filmed for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be filmed please see a HOTA staff member.
24. The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Venue.
25. You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
26. If you are 16 years or younger, you must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The accompanying adult assumes all responsibility for your care and safety whilst at the venue.
Refunds, Cancellations and Changes
27. The Presenter may add, withdraw or substitute artists (including the opening act/s) or vary advertised programs, performance times, Venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
28. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated and provided HOTA, Home of the Arts receives authorisation from the Presenter, HOTA, Home of the Arts will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation. However, HOTA, Home of the Arts does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation, rescheduling or relocation prior to the event.
29. You may be entitled by law or under the LPA Code to a refund where an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither HOTA, Home of the Arts nor the Presenter will reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event. HOTA, Home of the Arts recommends that you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses.
30. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither HOTA, Home of the Arts nor the Presenter are liable to refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
If HOTA, Home of the Arts reasonably forms the view that a ticket has been:
1. purchased with a stolen credit card;
2. sold in violation of clause 30 (No Scalping or Other Unauthorised Sales) of these terms; or
3. has been otherwise purchased or acquired fraudulently,
HOTA, Home of the Arts may cancel the ticket. Where HOTA, Home of the Arts reasonably forms the view that the ticket was purchased with a stolen credit card, HOTA, Home of the Arts will take reasonable steps to refund the ticket price to that credit card unless it is unable to do so (for example, where the credit card has been cancelled).
No Scalping or Other Unauthorised Sales
31. Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or packaged, or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without HOTA, Home of the Arts prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the ticket may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission.
Children’s Events and Minors
32. Admission and attendance at events and festivals designed for children may be subject to additional conditions of sale and entry. These conditions will be published on HOTA, Home of the Arts website and, if applicable, the Presenter’s dedicated website for the event. Generally, children aged three years and younger who are able to sit on their parent or guardian lap do not require a ticket, unless specifically stated otherwise on the event webpage.
33. School and other group tickets are subject to availability and additional conditions may apply.
34. All persons under 16 must be accompanied by an adult whilst at the Venue. This includes all bar areas and dining rooms where alcohol is served. Proof of age may be required by the Venue.
Concessions Policy & Access to tickets
35. Where a single ticket concession price is offered, it is often available to:
Full Australian Pensioners
Full Australian Seniors
Full-time Australian students
Department of Veteran Affairs card holders
Please check the particular event and breakdown in the pricing that is displayed. Where it says concession price only all of the above applies.
When placing your single ticket booking you will need to provide proof of age, student ID, or Pensioner concession card, and be able to present this, if requested, at performances.
36. Merchandise will not be refunded or exchanged, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
Promotions and Competitions
37. If you received your ticket as a prize, gift, donation or otherwise for no cost, these Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion or competition (Competition Terms), apply to your use of the ticket.
38. Where additional elements were included in your prize package, such as hotel accommodation, merchandise or travel arrangements, such additional elements are subject to the Competition Terms and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the provider of such additional elements (for example, an airline for travel arrangements).
39. Where accommodation and/or travel arrangements are included in your prize, HOTA, Home of the Arts recommends that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance.
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
41. You enter the Venue at your own risk.
42. You understand that attendance at any event and/or the Venue may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property.
43. You are responsibile for the care and safety of any person who accompanies you to the venue, and who is under 16 years of age.
44. By attending the event and/or the Venue, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue. This includes damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other ticketholders, visitors, guests, and the employees and agents of HOTA, Home of the Arts , Venue and the Presenter.
Limitation of Liability
45. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), HOTA, Home of the Arts and the Presenter are not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury, delays, additional expenses or inconvenience arising as a result of your attendance or non-attendance at the Venue and/or the event. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of HOTA, Home of the Arts and the Presenter is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
46. These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the HOTA website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
47. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
48. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
General and Cinema Enews Giveaway Terms and Conditions
This competition is conducted by HOTA, Home of the Arts, ABN 85 060 787 466, HOTA, Home of the Arts , PO Box 6615, Gold Coast Mail Centre QLD 9726 (HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS ).
Entrants must be a resident in Queensland.
Entrants must be a current cinema or general eNews subscriber.
Entrants must not be:
a Board member, director, officer or employees of HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS or any entity associated with the competition (including any prize suppliers); or
a member of the immediate family of any of the above.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS may, in its absolute discretion:
refuse to enter an illegible entry into the competition;
require an entrant to provide evidence of eligibility (including, without limitation, photographic identification) before awarding a prize; and
refuse to award a prize to an entrant who does not provide evidence of eligibility to HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS ’s satisfaction.
Entry to the competition is free.
Entrants may only enter in their own name.
An eligible person may enter the competition emailing email@example.com and by supplying their details.
Only 1 entry is permitted per subscriber. HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS will not accept any additional entries.
All entries become the property of HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS .
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS may, at its absolute discretion, refuse to enter incomplete, damaged or illegible entries into the competition.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS does not take any responsibility or accept any liability for any lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entry forms.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS may, at its absolute discretion, disqualify any or all entries from, prohibit further participation in this competition by and/or refuse to award any prize to any person who:
tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition;
acts in violation of these conditions or in breach of law;
acts in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
acts in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS and the suppliers of any prizes.
The Competition opening dates are determined by the send date of the General and Cinema Enews
The Competition closes at midnight exactly four days after the initial send of the General and Cinema Enews. Entries received by HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS after this date will not be accepted.
The Competition will be drawn at HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS exactly five days after the initial send of the General or Cinema Enews.
There will be no elimination round.
The winner will be chosen from all eligible entries as the strongest entry in the field determined by the Marketing Department at HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS.
One (2 tickets) double pass to either a performance or film (Valued from $10-$150).
A prize back to a film (Valued at $10 – $80)
The pass is valid until the end of the film or performance season at HOTA, Home of the Arts .
The prize values set out above are the retail values provided by the suppliers and are correct at the time of publication.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS is not responsible for and accepts no liability for any variation in prize values.
The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prizes are not redeemable for cash, exchangeable for any other prize or transferable to any other person. HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS will not substitute, replace or refund prizes.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS is not responsible for any costs incurred by winners (and any accompanying guests) in taking their prize. The winners (and any accompanying guests) are responsible for all additional costs and arrangements associated with using their prize (including but not limited to travel, accommodation, transfers, insurance, spending money, drinks, meals, gratuities, service charges, booking changes, optional extras and applicable tax). HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS recommends that the winners (and any accompanying guests) obtain travel insurance.
The prizes remain the property of HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS and/or any prize supplier until collected by the winner.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS will notify winners phone call only. If the winner does not answer on the first call, the second strongest pre-selected entry will be called by phone between 9.00am – 5.00pm.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS will not publish the results.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS ’s decision of the results is final. HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS will not enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding the results.
Winners are responsible for claiming their prize from HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS .
In order to claim and collect their prize and as a condition of their prize being awarded, winners must, if required by HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS or any prize supplier:
show photographic identification, sign (and have any accompanying guests sign) and return a release and indemnity in the form provided by HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS or the prize supplier.
Prizes will be redrawn if:
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS is unable to contact the winner on the first call; or
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS refuses to award the prize to the winner (in accordance with these terms and conditions).
If a redraw is necessary, it will be drawn at HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS on the same day between 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Prizes that remain unclaimed or uncollected will be dealt with as follows:
any tickets or other items that have expired or perished will not be replaced, exchanged, refunded or redrawn.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS may enter information, including personal information, provided in entries into HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS ’s database and use the information for marketing, promotional and publicity purposes.
By entering the competition, you consent to HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS ’s collection and use of your personal information as described above.
HOTA, HOME OF THE ARTS is not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense, damage or injury suffered or sustained by any person, arising directly or indirectly, through any act, omission (whether negligent or otherwise), out of or in connection with the competition or any prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Australian Consumer Law.
Annual Cinema Movie Pass Terms and Conditions
HOTA, Home of the Arts Social Media Guidelines
The main social media channels we use are Facebook and Instagram.
We use our social media channels to share stories that we think are interesting, and to keep you up to date with everything that’s happening here. And we really love it when people engage with us and others on these channels!
We don’t like too many rules, but it’s important to us that you can have enjoyable, respectful interactions with us and others on these channels. We don’t review or moderate all comments but please be advised that we may delete comments, block, and report anyone who makes comments that could be considered as the following:
- Harassment, bullying, profanity, threatening language, attacks on or intimidation
- Malicious speech regarding topics of gender, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, age, ethnic origin or race; sexist comments
- Hate speech
- Suggestion or encouragement of illegal activities
- Demeaning remarks about personal appearance or ability
- Spam or fraudulent links
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
- Advertisements, solicitations, and commercial postings
- Posting personal information of other community members or HOTA staff
- Private correspondence between user and other community members or HOTA staff
- Impersonation of a HOTA staff member, artist, or community member.
We also reserve the right to hide or remove comments without prior consultation with the original poster.
If you have a complaint that you have posted about then we will request that you DM us and we will resolve any issue with you privately.
If you have any issues with these guidelines, or spot an unsavoury comment on any of our channels that you think we have missed, then please get in touch by either sending us a DM on Facebook or Insta or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.