HOTA closed just now
It was with a heavy heart that we took the decision to close HOTA from the end of March. Taking on board advice and directives from Government and health officials, we will remain closed until further notice. This probably didn’t come as a surprise to you and, in the circumstances, we believe it was the best course of action.
This decision in many ways feels counter-intuitive. Arts and culture has a ‘show must go on’ spirit but as we look to our friends and partners across Australia and the globe, we felt this decisive action was in everybody’s best interest.
If you have purchased tickets for events that have been cancelled, we’ll be in touch to arrange a refund. The decision to cancel events will be made on an ongoing basis.
Keep well. Keep safe. We’ll see you on the other side.
What happens if events have been cancelled, postponed or rescheduled?
We will contact everybody who has tickets for any cancelled, postponed or rescheduled event to let them know and discuss options.
- If your event has been cancelled or postponed (with no confirmed rescheduled date) then we will offer you a refund.
- If your event has been rescheduled to a new date you can choose whether to receive a refund OR we can re-issue you with tickets for the new date
Due to the volume of ticket holders there may be a short delay in contacting you, but we are working as quickly as possible.
Can I donate the value of my tickets to HOTA?
Yes, we’d be delighted to accept any donations of support. You can find more information about the fund here.
Will I receive a refund for future events I have booked?
In line with Live Performance Australia (LPA) we will only issue a refund for events that are cancelled. Should any future events be cancelled or changed, we will be in touch to arrange a refund. We are working with artists and companies to reschedule where possible.
When will the Farmer’s Market reopen?
HOTA remains committed to the Farmer’s Market and they will continue when we re-open.
Are the parklands and car parks still open?
Yes, the parkland and car parks will remain open during any closure period. We ask that you familiarise yourself with the government’s social distancing measures to keep everybody safe. You can find more information about that here.
When will HOTA re-open?
We are in the hands of advice from the government and health professionals. We will play our part in keeping everybody safe and healthy.
The below list of performances which have been either cancelled, rescheduled or postponed until further notice.
- Gold Coast Film Festival
- ArtLab: Seaweed School
- Backbone by Gravity & Other Myths
- Cotton Club Orchestra (Gold Coast Jazz & Blues)
- Daori Farrell
- Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat
- Echoes of the Jazz Age
- Flickerfest 2020
- In My Blood It Runs
- International Jazz Day Celebrations
- Jan Preston Quartet (Jazz & Blues Club)
- Jazz on the Lawn
- Life Drawing (on Thu 9 Apr)
- Little ArtLab: Silly Socks
- Motown II Millenia
- Mountain Film On Tour
- Sleeping Beauty – Moscow Ballet La Classique
- Toni Childs
- Vika & Linda
- Man with the Iron Neck
- Bonachela / Lane
- Queensland Symphony Orchestra: Happy Birthday Beethoven
- Dean Vegas (Gold Coast Jazz & Blues Club)
- Caroline Nin (Gold Coast Jazz & Blues Club)
- The Comedy of Errors
- Stories in the Key of GC (29 May only)
- The Pink Floyd Experience
- Wake in Fright
- Tosca (Opera Queensland)
Postponed Events – Until Further Notice
- GC Laughs Festival Acts
- Gospel According to Paul
- The Gruffalos Child
- Blue Bones
Advice on COVID-19
Where can I get up to date information?
- Updates on COVID-19 from Queensland Health can be found here
- Coronavirus Health Information Line – for information on COVID-19 you can call 1800 020 080, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- For global up-to-date information on COVID-19 please visit the WHO website
- Up-to-date Australian information and resources (including fact sheets) on COVID-19 can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health website
- If you have travelled to a high-risk country in the last 14 days and are unwell you can call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for health advice.